1. Removal of battery from vehicle:
During removal, be careful do not cause the short circuit by metal tool. Always as a first disconnect the cable connecting the battery with “mass” (In most of vehicles this is the cable from negative terminal of battery).
2. Remove plugs form battery or the cover with plugs.
3. Check the electrolyte level, add if necessary.
4. Connect battery to direct current connecting positive terminal of battery with positive terminal of power source and similarly negative terminal with negative terminal of power source.
5. Charge with current equal to 10% of nominal value of capacity (for example.55Ah:10=5,5 – 5,5A charging current)
6. The battery should be charged until:
the voltage at terminals of battery under turned on charger is at level:
• for battery 12V 15,6 -16,8V
• for battery 6V 7,8 . 8,4 V
density of electrolyte in individual cells at level:
• 1,28 kg/l – at temp. 25 oC
7. If temperature of electrolyte exceeds 40 C, stop charging of battery.
8. Check electrolyte level, add if necessary.
9. After complete of charging, turn off charger firstly, remove power cable.
Next remove charger cable clamps from battery.
Do not extend charging time after occurrence of full charge signs.
Battery replacement we make at inoperative engine in accordance with following points:
1. Disconnect the old battery, negative terminal as a first and next the positive terminal. Then check if terminal clips (so-called clamps) are clean. Unscrew the handle and remove the battery.
2. New battery should be placed in vehicle as specified by manufacturer. Then connect the positive terminal of battery with positive terminal of vehicle electrical system and negative terminal of battery with negative terminal of vehicle electrical system in a way that ensures metallic contact over the entire surface. Created connection should be preserved with technical vaseline.
3. In case of difficulty to start the engine – recharge the battery according to battery charging procedure.
Batteries are designed to power the electrical system of cars, trucks, vans and tractors.
1. Due to sensitive electronics of vehicle to assist in starting should be used special starting equipment, only.
2. Starting assist in arrangement car to car, at the time of clamp disconnecting, can lead to voltages accumulation and as a result to damage or even destroy the electronics of vehicle.
3. Due to above mentioned reasons, at starting with starter cables following guidelines should be observed:
1. The electrolyte is a solution of sulfuric acid which is caustic. Wear gloves and goggles. Do not tilt battery to leak electrolyte from vent holes.
2. In case of contact with skin or eyes, wash these places with plenty of clean water.
3. Keep away with open flames; do not allow sparks during charging of battery, after its completing, after long driving, as this may result in explosion of gases accumulated in battery.
1. Regularly check the level of electrolyte (not less than every 12 weeks). Add distilled or demineralized water, if necessary. Never add acid.
After addition of electrolyte, tighten plugs tightly.
2. Check charging voltage of battery in vehicle (measured at terminal posts of battery) so as to meet conditions:
• for installation of 12V 14 – 14,4V
• for installation of 6V 7 – 7,2V
• for installation of 12V 14V – 14,4V
• for installation of 6V 7V – 7,2V
3. Do not allow external short circuits of battery.
4. Always check the correctness of battery fastening in vehicle.
5. For urban driving, frequent use of external lights or additional power receivers installed in vehicle, the state of charge should be controlled more frequently, and if necessary, the battery should be recharged from external power source.
When the vehicle is not used for a longer period of time, disconnect the battery.
6. The battery needs to be charge if the resting voltage drops below 12,5 V (electrolyte density 1,24 kg/l). Discharged battery should be charged immediately to prevent its sulfation or electrolyte freezing during service in the winter period.
7. Do not use any additives to electrolyte.
8. For Ford vehicles it is necessary to use the battery with factory prepared terminals.
9. The battery should be kept In clean condition.
10. Ask your dealer for ad vice In case of doubt concerning the battery exploitation.